Roll 'n Strike Sport Development Program 2013 for Primary Schools
An opportunity has arrived for your school to take on board one of the most successful Primary School sport development programs.
The Roll ?n Strike program offers your Primary school students the opportunity to learn the skills of Tenpin Bowling in PE classes within their school surroundings.
The Roll ?n Strike equipment provided to your school for program implementation is sponsored by the local bowling centre who in partnership with TBAQ allows schools FREE access to the equipment. In 2011, TBAQ had over 50,000 primary school students participate in the program throughout Queensland and Northern NSW
Benefits for of the Program
- TBAQ will provide free training to your teachers so they understand the basic skill of Tenpin Bowling and can provide fun games and activities during your PE classes.
- The program can also be used as a part of the Smart Moves Program.
- FREE portable Tenpin Bowling equipment (sponsored by local bowling centres) provided to the schools, which remain at your school for an allocated period.
(Normally for a 5 week block). Resources provided can cater for 30 and up to 35 children at one time during a class. An Instructors Manual is provided as a permanent resource for the school incorporating structured lesson plans to ensure students stay on task and develop a variety of skills.
- Teachers Guide linking the Roll ‘n’ Strike’ program to the HPE syllabus.
- The program provides the opportunity for non-athletic children to develop knowledge and the relevant sporting skills to enjoy and succeed in the sport of Tenpin Bowling.
The 2013 Roll ‘n Strike Manual includes:
- Basic Tenpin Bowling Skills
- Activities that keep students on tasks and assist with their motor skills
- Games and skill development for QLD Smart Moves Program
- Free resources provided to your school
- Easy to follow manual, with diagrams for all teachers to be able to facilitate Tenpin Bowling.
Game Vouchers for your local bowling centre for all students who complete the program
Achievement Certificates for all students who complete the program ? TBAQ can even print the students’ names!
Field Trip available for classes to visit the bowling centre and try out their new skill on real bowling lanes
Roll ‘n Strike League Development program starting in 2012 which allows new bowlers who have completed to the school program to continue their development in the sport.
Interschool Challenge ? Primary School competition where schools from all around Queensland and Northern NSW compete in a team competition.
Want to become Involved?
Filll in the attached booking form below. If you should experiece difficulties with this form please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax (07) 3369 1118 to obtain a manual booking sheet. TBAQ will send you a confirmation via email within 7 days of receiving your booking.
TBAQ are proud to announce the online booking process for the 2013 Roll 'n Strike program. This will allow all Schools in Queensland to book for this Primary School program through this website.
Bookings are now open !!
Please go to the bottom of this page for the embedded online booking form
You may choose from the links below for more information about the Roll 'n Strike Program
- Download Provision will be made shortly for the RNS 2013 Certificate & Vouchers Form
- Download the feedback form here
Tenpin Bowling is available to all School children, Primary and Secondary throughout Queensland and Northern NSW via programs developed governed and promoted by TBAQ. The programs are available to both Private and Public Schools.
Tenpin Bowling is a great School level competition Sport, with programs available in School or at your local Bowling Centre.
Roll 'n Strike Program 2013
|Term 1||Weeks 1 - 5||29.01.2013||01.03.2013|
|Term 1||Weeks 6 - 10||04.03.2013||28.03.2013|
|Term 2||Weeks 1 - 5||15.04.2013||17.05.2013|
|Term 2||Weeks 6 - 10||20.05.2013||21.06.2013|
|Term 3||Weeks 1 - 5||15.07.2013||16.08.2013|
|Term 3||Weeks 6 - 10||19.08.2013||20.09.2013|
|Term 4||Weeks 1 - 5||08.10.2013||08.11.2013|
|Term 4||Weeks 6 - 10||11.11.2013||13.12.2013|
If you are unable to access this form, please download this alternative word document and fax to 07 3369 1118