State Training Squad
Bowlers wishing to access pathways to the national selection pool either long term or short term are invited to nominate for acceptance into the Queensland State Training Squad. We have been fortunate to have obtained sponsors to bring this offer to you. If you are over 170 average (Ladies) and over 180 average (Men) you will be able to submit an application. The other requirement is that you will need to be a Silver TBA member in the year 2013.
- TBAQ are offering an 80 ball review – advice on ball layout and preparation for tournament play
- WTBA lane conditions and strategies of play prepared for the tournament bowler
- Successful National and State High Performance coaches will be in attendance
- Input from Queensland International bowlers and coaches on the lanes
- Sport Science concepts to enhance your competition game
- A script of training with a measurement of your performance at the program and ongoing training support as required
- A personalised bowler bio template to use with photo ID
- Video analysis – using simulcam to measure repetitive components of your game
- 2 days of on lane play and networking opportunities
Bowlers entering this system will be able to be selected as the top 10 Male and 10 Female in their category to advance to the National selection pool.
A Bowlers handbook will be provided to all successful persons entering the State Training Squad. TBAQ will accept a total of 200 bowlers over the three two day sessions planned.
Experienced International bowlers may apply to be presenters alongside our specialists in the long term so we are able to pass on knowledge and I am able to include other topics of interest for our open grade bowlers – please apply if you are one of these interested persons.
All bowlers will be able to access workshops and clinics provided specifically for STS members as we build programs of interest to achieve our outcome of placing more Queensland bowlers into Australian teams.
On going invitations to sport workshops – Nutrition for competition, ASADA – Drugs in Sport workshops – Strength and Conditioning workshops - Sport Specific – Fitness assessments will be available as optional units as we book specialist presenters for members. All persons wishing to apply for National selection were required to enter into the State Training Squad processes in each State from 2010 onwards.
Preference will be given if numbers exceed expectations to previous State or National Team Representatives – top 15 TBA Ranked tournament bowlers – full disclosure of conditions and pathway will be supplied in the bowlers handbook to all applicants.